So Innersloth’s Among us just shared some more information on how their hit game Among Us account system will work.
So here’s how the game’s account system is going to work, according to innersloth dev logs
- You will be able to report if someone in the game is acting inappropriately, including: inappropriate names, inappropriate chat, cheating/hacking, and harassment/misconduct. Consequences can range from temporary to permanent bans (including alternate accounts).
- No linking of multiple accounts yet (Steam account is only on Steam, Epic account is only on Epic, etc.)
- You must create an account to access free chat (without it you will have to use Quick Chat for safety!)
- You must create an account to freely change your display name. If you do not create an account, there will be randomized names you can choose from.
- Usernames are not exclusive. Multiple people can have the same username. (So if you take the username “PuffballsUnited”, other people can still use “PuffballsUnited”.)
- If you are under the minimum age of digital consent in your country (for most countries 13 is the minimum age), you have to get a parent/guardian’s permission to access free chat (which then allows you to create an account), or change your display name.
- Without an account (or if you’re a minor who doesn’t want to ask your parent/guardian for approval), you can still play via Guest Mode. This locks you to Quick Chat and doesn’t allow you to change your name other than with a randomly generated name.
Read more information on the official dev log.
Nerdvoid is a new journalism blog on gaming and tech, and we really have a streamlined means of income, we heavily rely on you our reader’s support, so we can continue giving you the best updates out there on your favourite games, consider supporting us by buying us a coffee, or subscribe to our membership over here, this would help us a lot.